Welcome to the second episode of “Can You Hold My Attention?” – The Derek Bruton Podcast.
I really enjoyed this conversation with Elizabeth Nesvold, Managing Director and Head of Asset & Wealth Management Investment Banking at Raymond James, about the raging party that is consolidation / Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) across our industry. Liz provided some astute insight into this booming landscape, as well as to how financial advisors are turning to M&A as a way to bring the resources they need to continue to grow their business.
- How & why M&A has accelerated this year after an initial slowdown
- How advisors are leveraging M&A to move beyond the “Valley of Death”
- Behind-the-scenes intelligence on valuation pricing and how it works
- What qualities command a premium valuation for an advisory firm, and what can drive down a valuation
- Areas within our industry in which Liz sees potential value at lower multiples